Physics of Wave Phenomena is abstracted and/or indexed in:
Academic OneFile, Expanded Academic, Google Scholar, INSPEC, Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition, OCLC, SCImago, SCOPUS, Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch), Summon by Serial Solutions.
Physics of Wave Phenomena publishes original contributions in general and nonlinear theory of oscillation, wave theory and experiments in optics, acoustics, radiophysics, laser physics and spectroscopy.
The fields of physics represented in this journal include:
- Nonlinear optics, acoustics, and radiophysics
- Nonlinear wave phenomena of any nature including soliton dynamics and chaos
- Laser physics
- Optical and other spectroscopies in condensed matter
- Phase transitions including light- and sound-induced ones
- New instruments, methods, and measurements of wave and oscillatory processes
- Remote sensing of waves in natural media
- Cross-disciplinary areas of related physics such as biophysics and econophysics